Campus Mail Delivery Schedule
University of Oregon Campus Mail Services will continue to deliver campus mail daily until further notice. To help departments with social distancing and limit the number of employees on campus, campus mail has expanded mail delivery options available during this difficult time. The campus mail delivery schedule will be reviewed weekly and adjusted based on university needs (see Campus Mail Delivery Schedule). The following expanded options are available for mail delivery and pickup:
Inter-Office and Incoming Mail
- Unless told otherwise and if accessible, Campus Mail will continue to pick-up and drop-off mail at your department’s regular location.
- By request, within certain limitations related to our route and operation, Campus Mail can consolidate mail delivery between multiple departments or offices or reduce deliveries to your office.
- Departments may request to schedule a self-pickup from the Campus Mail office in Building #130 in the Campus Planning and Facilities Management compound (north on Onyx Street from Franklin Blvd). Due to limited storage space, any departments seeking to utilize this option must schedule a pickup at least once per week.
- For departments that are closed and inaccessible to Campus Mail and have not communicated instructions, we are currently holding department mail at the Campus Mail Office.
Distributing Mail Within Your Department
To support the directive to work from home when possible, departments should collaborate with colocated or nearby departments to identify:
- A shared delivery location
- A single individual that can, on behalf of the collaborating departments, open, scan, and electronically distribute the mail to the intended department.
Outgoing Mail and Packages
- All outgoing mail (inter-office and post) left at assigned locations will be picked up and processed.
- Outgoing mail and packages for UPS and FedEx can be dropped off at the Campus Mail Office. Please practice appropriate social distancing.
Incoming UPS and FedEx
For package delivery from UPS or FedEx, we do not have the authority to re-direct packages that are in transit to departments, only the sender may do that. Departments are advised to contact carriers and shippers individually to arrange for alternative deliveries as needed. Included below are the general practices of the most commonly used carriers.
If an office is closed, the driver will make 3 delivery attempts before returning to the sender. If the package requires a signature, UPS will hold on to the package for 5 business days before returning to the sender. UPS can redirect at the discretion of the sender, but on a case by case basis. The sender will need to call with their account number and tracking number to redirect a package.
If an office is closed, the package will be brought back to the local hub and FedEx will attempt to call and arrange a scheduled delivery. They are unable to redirect packages to another location. To allow for attempted scheduled delivery, the sender of each package should include the recipient’s phone number on the shipment label.
Shipping/Re-Directing Delivery to Off-Campus Addresses
When shipping to off-campus addresses, be sure to document the business purpose and reason for shipping to the off-campus site, and keep that documentation with your purchase record. When using a P-Card to purchase UO business-related items attach off-campus delivery documentation to the appropriate expense line in Concur in order to have them delivered to a UO employee home address, you must. Note: Duck Depot can deliver only to valid UO campus addresses (loaded as selectable options). Contact Purchasing and Contracting Services (PCS) if you have questions about this section.